Continuing Education Coordinator Position
CE Coordinator will be responsible for managing and documenting CE activities of face to face courses and online courses. Responsible for upkeep of credentialing by said associations in order for MSPHI to be a provider for certifications and licenses for professional counselors, social work, educators, nurses, certified rehabilitation counselors, and other professions. The desired candidate will have a background in behavioral/mental health as well as substance abuse with specific knowledge of co-occurring disorders. This person should also have knowledge of the certification process and the various certifying bodies as well as needs for certified and licensed participants.
Works with the Workforce Development Manager establish all Continuing Education related courses, programs, workshops, seminars, and customized training.
Assist the manager in marketing and promoting both current and new Continuing Education courses as per the Department of Mental Health Bureau Behavioral Health/Addictive Services.
Works with state agencies indicating their needs for training.
Works with certification and licensing boards to continue MSPHI’s credentials and add additional credentialing agencies for MSPHI to serve professionals.
Responsible for follow-up with course participants in order to maintain all relevant record keeping and tracking. Performs all other duties assigned by the CAO and Workforce Development Manager.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in counseling or other mental or behavioral health field.
- 5 years clinical experience in a counseling setting preferred.
- Familiarity with graduate level counseling and counseling regulatory standards.
- Sound knowledge of counseling theories, diagnoses, and practices.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word Excel.
- Working knowledge of the internet.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Authoritative command of written English
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional customer relations skills
- High degree of cultural sensitivity and responsiveness
- Knowledge of web-based communications tools and social media
- Adequate knowledge of learning management software
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques
- Sound decision making and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and in database software
- Confidence, judgment, and grace under pressure
- Initiative and resilience in the face of ambiguity
- Works well both independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility; nimble in response to an evolving workload
- End-user/customer/client/colleague service orientation; focus on product over process independent, critical thinking
- Adept at learning new software and adventuresome with emerging technologies and tools
- Ownership of work; a self-starter who can prioritize tasks and manage his/her time
- Ability to see the connections among the discrete elements of a project, or across projects
- Systematic approach to tasks that ensures consistent output quality
- Openness to constructive feedback, input, redirection; positive, lifelong learning orientation
- Attention to detail, but always in the service of bigger pictures objectives and outcomes
- Exceptional customer relation skills
Travel: Moderate travel statewide (Occasional evenings and nights)
Supervisory Relationship: The Continuing Education Coordinator will report to the Workforce Development Manager.
Hours per week: 40
Please send letter of interest and resume to Mhale@msphi.org