Workforce Development Specialist
Mississippi Public Health Institute is seeking a person with exceptional organizational skills, demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the behavioral health field, specifically with experience in substance abuse prevention. The WDS should possess strong facilitation skills with the ability to deliver workshops online and in-person. The WDS should have experience in online learning systems. The candidate will need to demonstrate proficiency in cultural competence. Candidates meeting the required qualifications for the position will be evaluated based on reference checks, training delivery, technological and writing skills.
- Training Logistics: Manage logistics for training events including setting up facility, overseeing audiovisual equipment, organizing registration processes both online and in-person, submitting notifications and reminders to training participants, verifying participant attendance, generating training sign-in sheets, demographic forms, evaluation forms and certificates, assisting with the continuing education (CE) process, copying and distributing handouts, maintaining training participant records and files, and responding to questions or requests from training participants.
- Database Management: Collect and record training data from registrations, sign-in sheets, demographic forms and evaluation forms. Analyze data and provide reports on data as needed.
- Technical Support: Provide technical support for the online learning platform, webinars, maintain audio/visual equipment, computers, and projectors. Setup and operate projector, laptop and other devices for training.
- Agency Support: Attend regular staff meetings.
- Marketing/Promotion: Develop announcements and fliers and other promotional material for webinars, workshops and online courses in print and online.
Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Communications, Administrative Services, Healthcare Administration, Social Services, or related field, SAPT Credentials such as Certified Prevention Specialist/Manager CPS/CPM, Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) and other relevant credentials as well as at least five years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Authoritative command of written English
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional customer relations skills
- High degree of cultural sensitivity and responsiveness
- Knowledge of web-based communications tools and social media
- Proven experience in coordinating multiple training events
- Adequate knowledge of learning management software
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques
- Sound decision making and organizational skills
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and in database software
- Confidence, judgment, and grace under pressure
- Initiative and resilience in the face of ambiguity
- Works well both independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility; nimble in response to an evolving workload
- End-user/customer/client/colleague service orientation; focus on product over process Independent, critical thinking
- Adept at learning new software and adventuresome with emerging technologies and tools
- Ownership of work; a self-starter who can prioritize tasks and manage his/her time
- Ability to see the connections among the discrete elements of a project, or across projects
- Systematic approach to tasks that ensures consistent output quality
- Openness to constructive feedback, input, redirection; positive, lifelong learning orientation
- Attention to detail, but always in the service of bigger pictures objectives and outcomes
- Exceptional customer relation skills
Travel: Moderate travel statewide (Occasional evenings and nights)
Supervisory Relationship: The WDS will report to the CAO and Workforce Development Manager
Hours per week: 40
Please send letter of interest and CV to email@example.com